Wednesday, June 18, 2008

I Couldn't Say It Any Better

I was working on writing something about the likes of Paris Hilton, Kim Kardashian, and specifically the entire cast of MTV's "reality" show The Hills when I stumbled across this bit of sheer brilliance from Joel McHale and The Soup. The basic point I was going to make were that these people have no discernible talent or function other than showing up and looking pretty. There are millions of beautiful women in the world, a lot of which actually have some sort of honest to God talent to share and not just a giant ass and a sex tape. What is it about these vapid wastes of space that keeps them in the public eye?

When Audrina Patridge, who is a cast member of The Hills (I had never even heard of her or The Hills until a couple of months ago when I saw a news item saying there were naked pictures of her. I'll admit it, that caught my interest.) said she didn't want to talk about the show at a recent event Joel McHale had this to say:



That's pretty much what I was going to say, although much better and more succinct than I would've put it. Well played, Mr. McHale.

No comments: